Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Believe .. That Christ Really Is The Solution To Our Challenges

Day 5 of the New Testament reading challenge.  I am liking this!  Here are some of the verses I particularly enjoyed ...

Matt 9:21-22 "For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.  But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour."

I love this pure display of faith by the woman, the demonstration of the power of that faith, and that Christ knew her thoughts without her saying anything!

Matt 10:19-20 "But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.  For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you."

It seems to be more important to be receptive to the Spirit than it is to prepare to know what to do and say.  Both are important, but without the Spirit, preparation is insufficient ...

Matt 10:39 "He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it."

This speaks a lot to priorities, and the difference between being self-centered and Christ-centered.

Matt 11:28-30 "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

I believe ... that Christ really is the solution to our challenges.

Matt 13:33 "Another parable spake he unto them; The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened."

It is wonderful and inspiring just how much power the Spirit can have to bless our lives -- a little blesses so much ... and when we carelessly let it go, o how we miss it!









1 comment:

  1. Thank you for being a blessing to me and others. May God continue to bless you as you bring forth his word, and as you help others to gain a better understanding of God's word.

    ReplyDelete