Wednesday, February 9, 2011

If Ye Know These Things, Happy Are Ye If Ye Do Them

Some thoughts to ponder for today ... Christ speaking in John 13:15-17 "I have given you an example, ye should do as I have done unto you. ... If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them."

Then continuing in John 14:12-16, He says "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. If ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;"

And in John 14:21 He says, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him."

John 14:26-27 adds "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

In my mind, I hear Him speaking these words in a clear, gentle, powerful voice.  I repeat them.  They are so comforting and so full of loving guidance and direction. 

I love the Lord.  I love to hear His voice.  I know you can feel His love for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment